Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Wheels of Misfortune

My luck has never been good with bicycles.

10-12years old:
-Learned to first ride a bike.
-Daydreaming; knocked into a barrier headfirst. Seeing stars.
-Lost control and knocked the back of an immobile car at a parking lot

18-now:
-Learned to first ride a bike WITH heavy traffic
-Cycling to Tesco with friends, got lost on the way, arrived late, was dark after shopping, didn't bring bicycle lights, rushed back to college, and I saw a puddle of water on the road while daydreaming and my first reaction was to pull both brakes. I flew over the handlebars and landed chin+palm first on the road.
-Got my bike stolen, chained it up to friend's bike, didn't chain to post/fence, both stolen after playing pool...shit.
-Almost got knocked down by a car at some dangerous curve
-Not wearing a helmet
-Got a 2nd-hand bike, bad turning angle, rammed against the kerb, almost fell off but luckily didn't, now the front gear is bent and the chains have this grinding noise
-Lost my front-light as it fell off while cycling and I didn't notice

-Ironically I still love cycling. =(